Monday, October 15, 2012

Lesson Learned: Sharing

Tonight we let the girls play with flashlights. With flashlights in hand and smiles on their faces, Gabi and Madi wandered off to find the darkest room to satisfy their craving for finger puppet shadows. They kept themselves entertained for about an hour with this, and didn't argue once. It was wonderful! As it got closer to bedtime, we told the girls that it was time to put the flashlights away. They weren't thrilled at the idea, so to avoid "a scene" I took them away when they weren't looking.
To preface what comes next, I first must say that there is a new kids show on PBS kids called Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Maybe the nostalgia from Mr. Rogers neighborhood is why I love this new show so much, since it's a spin-off of it, or maybe because it teaches really good things, but I let the girls watch it, and I watch it with them.
Anyway, back to tonight- when Madi noticed that her flashlight was gone she said, "Mama you share? You take a turn, and then I get it back?" The later part said in a cute little sing-song voice, as seen on Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. I couldn't help but smile and tell her she could have it back, tomorrow. :) It's so fun to see children learn and grow, especially your own children. It's crazy too, to see my little 2yr old grasping the concept of sharing. Love it! Love being a mama to these three beautiful girls, I feel SO lucky!

No comments: