Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving weekend was a blast. Lots of family, food and fun. We headed over the river and through the sagebrush to Boise on Wedneday night (why didn't I think that everyone else would have the same idea???). It took us twice as long to get there as usual, but lucky for me the girls were pretty well behaved...until the last 20 minutes...thank goodness for bribes. Isaac didn't leave later since he got of work late so we actually drove seperately. How much more I appreciate my wonderful hubby when I realize how much he does....aka the 3hr car drive without him. We were greeted in Boise by a ton of family and more that arrived later on.
It was a really wonderful Thanksgiving mostly because all of my siblings and all of their kiddos were there. :) It was so fun to see all the cousins (there's five now...and counting) running around play together. It's crazy how fast those little tykes grow! I still can't believe Gabi is three!
On Thanksgiving day we all were cooking like crazy in a little kitchen at my parents. We had family pictures that morning and then we changed and got back to cooking. We had Thanksgiving dinner a little early this year since Kyle and Ashley had to hit the road early to make it back for work on Friday. (I think it's a 8hr drive for them...yuck!) We were super glad that they could come.
Thursday night a few of us geared up for....drum roll please...black friday...but on thursday!!! Walmart opened at 10pm Thursday for some of their doorbusters. All I have to say is, I think I'm done with Black Friday. At least in a college town. Again, I don't know what I was thinking... I guess I wasn't. Haha! Needless to say I got rammed with carts- intentionally- at least 5 or 6 times, people were stealing stuff out of other people's carts, pushing, shoving, yelling, and it took at least 15 min to get from the back of the store to the front, which usually takes about 2 min. Then the lines....I think we were in line to check out for about 1hr. Too long for this prego chica. Anywho, Isaac and I decided to brave it at midnight at shopko. There were about 200+ people in line. Craziness. Luckily we only wanted one thing, so we grabbed in and jumped in line. We were in and out in about 30min. I opted not to get up at 5am to check out Freddy's. In fact, ironically, the sale ended at 11am and we got there at 10am and got every single thing that we wanted. And I only waited in line for 5min. So maybe I'm not completely done with black friday, but overall the experience this year really stunk.
Friday we all mostly just hung out, which was nice to have a low-key day. A bunch of us went swimming at the hotel pool. The kids had a blast. They had a regular pool and a warm pool- the kids didn't mind the regular pool (both indoor) but the adults all eventually ended up in the warm pool.
Saturday was another hang-out kind of day and a travelling day. Most everyone headed home that day except Brit, Dom, and Gianni- who had an early flight the next morning.
On our way home we got to stop off at our friend's house, the Thomas'. They moved out of our ward last June, I believe. We've seen them a few times since, but we miss them tons. They have three boys, Tyler and Bryce are both really good friends with Gabi. They always have so much fun together and play so well. It's always nice to see friends and spend time with them.
Well, that's about it! It was a long and busy, but fun weekend. I think we are all still trying to catch up on sleep in this house.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Things I am especially grateful for:
  1. My Family
  2. The Gospel
  3. Madi's health is doing well
  4. We have another baby on the way :)
  5. We have a temple close to us
And so much more!!!

Madi ready for a nap!
 Isaac and Madi swimming in the pool- she loves the water!
 Gabi waiting to get in the water- it was super cold in there!
 Our Family Pic- I don't think Madi smiled for one picture :)
 The Grandkiddos- don't know how Lilly got cut off
 All the family
 Grandparents and Grandkids
 Parents and Siblings
 Parents, Siblings & Spouses
 Sleeping at the hotel- thank goodness for a king size bed!
(They were so cute, they had to make sure that the other was still there so the kept reaching out for the other one in their sleep. They get along so well :) )

2 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I'm glad you could all be together.

Congratulations! When are you due? How fun for you and Britnae to be pregnant at the same time!!

The Knights said...

Thanks Becky! Congrats for you too! I'm due January 28th and Brit is due April 18th. When are you due?