Thursday, May 31, 2012

Out of the mouth of Babes

Today Gabi was sitting on the potty, stalling as usual, and she yelled to me in the other room, "mama, you teach me, guide me, walk beside me?" With a smile I replied, "Yes, honey." And then she said, "And help me find the way?" I said, "Yes, honey, of course I will."
As she said this I thought about the sacred responsibility we have as parents to answer the call of our children and to teach them, guide them and walk beside them and help them find the way. We live is such a crazy and difficult world, and our children need us in a very real way to navigate their way home, eternally. The primary song "I am a child of God" is one of my favorites- it helps me to remember the importance of being like a little child in the innocence, humility, and acceptance that little children have.

No comments: